City

1847 The first white settlers to the area arrived.

1849 federal census lists about 800 people living on the Benton County side.

The Benton side was platted to be named Wengert.

The Village of Sartell was named after Joseph Birch Sartell and was incorporated on October 5, 1907.

Sartell aerial view

Riverside Avenue near where the Watab Creek enters the Mississippi River

Riverside Avenue WPA (Works Progress Administration) wall about 1935